Saturday, March 31, 2012

3/30/2012

PH Levels have been flucutating between 5 and 6.
I am having a difficult time eating 2/3 of my meals with green foods; in part, because I keep running out of green food, and other times preference for cereal and meat win. I was able to raise the level to 6.5, so I know with harsher discipline I will get there. This is my birthday weekend, so I am taking it easier on myself, and my husband took me out for a fish fry and I chose the greasy, deep fried instead of baked. I find the irony in all of this and feel stupid for even mentioning it because if this doesn't work; that is, the PH balancing, relaxing more, reducing stress and cortisol levels, and exercising more, there may not be any more birthdays.

I do keep drinking organic, green tea and 1/3rd of our food bill is organic. Organic food is very expensive. I look forward to our local Farmer's Market opening in June, but the growers are not certified organic like the Whole Foods Co-op in Erie. Sadly, even local growers use fertilizers and pesticides.

*ON A DIFFERENT NOTE
I find myself becoming increasingly concerned with our governement's recent health care regulation for women and birth control, especially with the amount of hormones that will flush into our water shed. If I'm not mistaken - hormones, such as those found in birth control pills and hormon therapies, are not dissolved in water. Water tests do not specifically test for hormone levels in water, which is strange because high levels of estrogen cause cancer in human tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment