Saturday, May 5, 2012

Yesterday I explained why I have not been posting, but today my pH was 6.75, which is in the optimal range. So I would like to share yesterday's menu with those interested. (The portions are for 1-person, since I ate alone all day.)

BREAKFAST:  1 fried eggwhite in Country Crock margarine; bran flakes, organic oats, Bob's(R) flaxseed; 3 celery stalks (quartered), 1 generous size slice of watermelon (quartered), 1 cup of organic green tea, and 1 glass of tap water with half a lemon (squeeze juice into water) + 1 multi-vitamin and 1,000mg. vitamin C.

MID-MORNING: 1 generous size slice of watermelon (quartered) and 3 celery stalks (quartered),
and 1 cup of nettle tea. One glass of tap water.

LUNCH: Whole grain rice (1C.) and sweet potatoes w/ tsp. Country Crock margarine (cooked and mashed), and a glass of iced tap water.

MID-AFTERNOON: 1 generous size slice of watermelon (quartered) and 3 celery stalks (quartered),
and 1 glass of homemade cold, ginger tea (thinly slice fresh ginger, boil in a quart of water for 20 minutes - and refrigerate)

DINNER:  1 whole cooking onion sliced into rings and simmered in 2 C. low-sodium beef stock until tender, topped with 1 slice Rudi's Organic Multi-grain Oat Bread (toasted and broken into bite sized pieces) and a sprinkle (3 tsps.) of shredded mozzerella cheese, 1 tsp. of frresh, dried dill (smells heavenly), then microwaved until the cheese melted. One glass of ice water from tap.

Later in the evening, I drank *3 Straub Beers (no preservatives) and switched between "She's Having a Baby" and "Kate and Leopold" on tv for a much needed rest. I also typed poetry I had handwritten a couple of weeks ago.

EVENING SNACK: 1 C. bran flakes, organic oats, and organic pumpkin seeds (mixed together)
and 1 Cuties(R) mandarine orange, and 3-5 glasses of iced tap water.

Exercise included walking a total of 40 minutes (20-min. each direction) to and from my part-time job downtown in the afternoon with the B&P Railroad's property management office. I also used a lot of mental energy reading and grading college papers in the morning, and fielding email.

*Adding a beer to meals on a daily basis does not lower acidity in pH readings for me. Two-three, one night per week do lower readings. Sad news for beer lovers, but everyone is different.

I also mentioned that timing of readings has a lot to do with the outcomes. The directions indicate 6-8 hours between going to bed and then taking the reading in the morning, assuming you sleep 8 hours and don't use the bathroom during the night. I am up several times because I drink a lot of water in the evenings. So I am never quite sure when to take the reading. The directions suggest the reading be taken upon awakening, and that's when mine are registering low numbers. I may try each time I get up to see if there are fluctuations.



No comments:

Post a Comment