Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cancer Free!!

Two weeks ago I had my yearly mammogram at Warren General Hospital. The radiologist informed me my results would be mailed to me. About 5 days later the letter came in the mail and I was called back for diagnostic mammogram, because my breast tissue is at a level 2 density.

Being called back for another mammogram is worrisome. I set up another screening with my doctor's office who calls the order into the hospital, and had a 10-day wait....

My husband met me at the hospital yesterday, and proceeded with me to the three waiting areas (two signature stations, and one changing room). The radiologist allowed Paul in the screening room. He stood behind the leaded, plate-glass patrician with the radiologist. She took only two pictures this time of one side. We waited and prayed. Finally she came back and said all was clear and we could go home!

PRACTICING FAITH:

I had seen a Facebook posting earlier in the week claiming Ch. 4 in Matthew's Gospel of the King James version of the Bible (p. 859) cures cancer. I read this passage two times before having the 2nd screening done, believing it would clear up any problem. Also, every night before bedtime and every morning before we rise out of bed, my husband and I pray together for our health and my clear x-rays. We also attended Adoration during Lent at St. Joseph Church with the same prayer intentions, among others.

FOOD:

Following are the foods my diet includes. I start by reading food labels, and try to only buy products with:

No preservatives (like BHT)

No Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

No Modified Food Starch

No artificial coloring and artificial additives

No high fructose corn syrup

No alum

No glycol (which is a type of antifreeze)

No (or few) monoglycerides and diglycerides

No sulphites

low in fats and cholesterol

low in sodium

low in calories

high in fiber / multigrains

organically grown (USDA)

fresh fruits and vegetables (or frozen, then canned, when first two are not available)

legumes (not canned)

Earth Balance butter (for cooking and flavoring)

real butter (sparingly, for toast and rolls)

organic green tea (and occasionally black teas)

little or no pop (Diet Pepsi about twice-a-year) Lipton Diet Green Tea (in summer) * I pile on the onions, garlic, peppers, and Portobello mushrooms. We eat Portobello mushrooms, twice-a-week, on top of spaghetti and on pizza.

* We bought local beef from a reputable dealer and butcher and stocked our freezer. However, the doctor said we should only eat red meat once-a-week.

* I do eat fish and chicken, more than once-a-week as a main meal.

* We try to buy fresh eggs from local ranchers, and are looking into fresh poultry at Barry's Barnyard. http://barrysbarnyard.com/

* We also have our own garden, and raid our Uncle Pete and Cousin Davey's gardens in the fall, since they grow big and have abundance to share.

We bake sweets from scratch, including: cakes, pies, and cookies. But I limit these to only a few times a week.

Use glass containers, instead of plastic, for food storage and especially for cooking.

I was drinking two beers-a-day with my husband after work until I had the basal-cell carcinoma on my arm show up in October of 2013. (They removed it all successfully.) I gave up the beer because of that, and I was starting to gain weight. It was fun, but probably not a good idea. I do have a beer or glass of organic red wine on occasion.

EXERCISE:

My husband and I joined SNAP Fitness and we went religiously two times per week during the trial offer. We rejoined, a month later, and will go randomly but will start two times per week again after Easter.

OTHER:

I avoid lotions with preservatives and glycol, and only buy lotions at reputable wellness shops; such as, Whole Foods Co-op in Erie, PA and Herbs 4 U in Warren, PA. http://www.wholefoodscoop.org/home/

SUNSHINE:

I have fair skin and burn easy. So, I wear long sleeves and a hat when gardening and try and avoid long sun exposure without a sunscreen. The sunscreen I use can be purchased at Whole Foods Co-op in Erie, PA.

CONCLUSION: I like to think if there was or is any cancer lurking in my body, our way of life is cleaning it up. I still wish I could do more to find answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment